Wednesday, June 26, 2013

LOREAL TOTAL REPAIR 5 RESTORING SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER, AND DAMAGE ERASING-BALM REVIEW




   Dry and damaged usually goes hand-in-hand with color-treated hair. I have been coloring my hair since I was thirteen years old. I have had every color hair under the sun and although my hair is very resilient, it has been dry lately. This is probably due to the ombre lightening I have been wearing for the last year. Highlights and any bleaching are always drying and my ends will tell you so. 
   I saw commercials for this product for a couple of weeks and I wanted to give it a go. I purchased it at Walmart about a month and a half ago and have been using it since. 
   Does it hold true to its claims? I believe so. Although I haven't seen massive improvement, it has moisturized my hair significantly. It holds my frizziness at bay and my hair is much more tame and soft. I have noticed my hair is much more moisturized and shiny especially at the root. A word of caution to those with oily hair, this product may make your hair more oily. I do not have oily hair and benefited from the extra shine and hydration.

Packaging   

Shampoo   I loved that the bottles were different from traditional cylindrical shampoo and conditioner bottles. The shape is more ergonomic. They are easier to hold and the tops seem more sturdy and less likely to break then other flimsy ones. The shampoo squirts from the top.
Conditioner   The conditioner has the opening at the bottom. The shape of the bottle is the same and the squirt mechanism and closure is also the same. I think this was an attempt to distinguish the shampoo from the conditioner but that didn't work for me. I can never remember which is which. I really liked the bottles' shapes and the only thing that would have made them better is if they had a pump. That really makes it easier in the shower. 
Balm   As for the balm, the packaging is similar to many other hair treatments I have used. It is pretty in its color, standard in shape and has a spin-off top.

0.5 point    

Quantity of Product

Shampoo and Conditioner   So the bottles say 12.6 fluid ounces. To me it didn't seem like a lot of product but frankly I bought it for under $5. At that price, I believe there was plenty inside the bottles. 
Balm   According to container there is 5.1 ounces inside. It is densely packed and it does appear to be the standard amount for a treatment. It costs under $6 and I have paid plenty more for others less effective.

1 point

Consistency and Smell

Shampoo   The consistency is somewhat thinner than other shampoos but it does lather nicely, if you like that. The whole line has a citrus scent with a slight hint of floral. It smells very good. 
Conditioner   It has the thickness of a cream and also has a citrus smell but it has a sweeter hint to it. The smell lasts long Even the next day after having dried and curled it I get compliments on the scent of my hair.
Balm   This product almost feels like a body butter. It is very thick but it spreads into hair with ease. The smell is the same as the others.

1 point 

Immediate Results

Shampoo and Conditioner   After using both products, one after the other, it left my hair more hydrated even without the balm. It felt softer than it had been directly before and somewhat healthier. 
Balm   The balm makes all the difference. I don't use it with every wash but I do use it once to twice a week to prevent my hair from feeling dry. I can dry my hair and it doesn't look frizzy or dehydrated. I don't have split ends so I can't say how those look with this product but I could immediately see more hydrated hair. 

1 point

Long-Term Results

Shampoo, Conditioner, and Balm   The results were good immediately so I guess it has maintained the same throughout. I have noticed that my hair is less frizzy and softer in general since using this set. It is a good product and I recommend it. If your hair is dry, coarse or frizzy this product will work for you without working against your wallet.

0.5 point


4 points out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment